With every change of season comes a change a list of “honey-dos”. Here are some of our top picks to tackle.
- Check windows and seals for leaks.
- Shut off all hose bibs.
- Inspect your fireplace.
- Check the soffit for stains, which can be a sign of a leak.
- Time for aeration and overseeing of your lawn so it will be healthy and vibrant next year.
- Have your chimney inspected and serviced as needed.
- Review location of water shut off and pipes to prevent water damage should they freeze.
- Add weather stripping around doors and caulk windows to guard against draft and heat loss.
- Vacuum the lint from the hose of your clothes dryer.
- Check gutters for clogs and clean as needed.
- Check the ground around the foundation of your house and regrade as needed.
- Trim tree limbs that are too close to the house.
- Have your HVAC inspected and serviced.
- Clean or power-wash your home’s siding.
- Check your crawlspace for water damage, critters, or other foreign matter.
- Remove shower heads and clean to remove sediment build up.
Staying aware of and on top of these items will prepare you and your home for a potential move, or just help avoid future issues from deferred maintenance. Keep this list handy!