- Schedule movers and make sure you have a firm bid in writing.
- Call utility companies, including telephone and cable, to cancel current services and sign up for services in your new home.
- Obtain a referral for doctors, dentists, and specialists if you are moving to a new area.
- Collect medical records for family members and pets and carry these with you.
- Have any necessary prescriptions filled and carry them with you.
- Arrange travel for pets, including their travel containers, immunization records, and so on.
- Transfer checking and savings accounts if necessary. Empty safe-deposit boxes and carry the contents with you.
- Dispose of flammables and other hazardous materials.
- Moisten plants before packing.
- Back up your computer files and pack valuable electronics in protective cases.
- Drain fuel from lawn mowers and other equipment. Drain water hoses.
- Have the car serviced for the trip and check that proof of insurance is in the car.
- Pack a ‘first night’ box with coffee, bedding, household cleaners, toothpaste and toothbrush, pet food, and other essentials that you expect to need upon arrival.
- Conduct a last-minute walk-through. Check drawers, closets, the basement, and the garage, etc.
- Make sure everything is turned off and locked up.
There are many details to handle as your prepare for a move. It can seem like a daunting task, but we’re here to help you handle it. Our handy guide will make sure you don’t forget anything. Use this checklist to help you manage the process:
This should help you organize your move to ensure you have everything you need. We have great recommendations if you need movers to assist you with this process. Just give us a call and we’ll connect you!
Trackback from your site.
Leave a Reply
Americans See Real Estate as a Better Investment Than Stocks or Gold
This Isn’t a Bubble. It’s Simply Lack of Supply. [INFOGRAPHIC]
Don’t Sell on Your Own Just Because It’s a Sellers’ Market
Is It A Good Time To Sell My House?
The Reason Mortgage Rates Are Projected to Increase and What It Means For You
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- November 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- March 2020
- December 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017